The New York Transcatheter Valves Symposium is poised to help healthcare professionals stay current on new and emerging approaches in the diagnosis, management and treatment of valvular and structural heart disease.
A robust agenda combines individual and collective opinions from field expert clinicians and scholars. The educational format will consist of live performance of trancatheter procedures with moderated discussion. The ambitious goal is to provide cardiovascular specialists with the education they need in order to improve patient outcomes and reduce morbidity and mortality related to structural heart and valvular disease. Emerging data and trial results in structural heart disease will be presented with expert opinions and debates.
- Appraise new and upcoming technologies in the management of structural heart disease to determine their benefit for patients.
- Compare the applications of cardiac CT and MRI in structural heart disease.
- Explain indications, techniques, outcomes, and complications for transcatheter valve intervention in patients with native valve disease and bioprostectic valve dysfunction.
- Examine best practice techniques for new heart valve implantation.
- Evaluate the rationale, challenges, and necessity of the heart team approach to valvular heart disease, and the functionality of the team within a center of excellence.
- Describe the barriers to care in patients with valvular heart disease with specific attention to current gaps in the timely delivery of percutaneous and surgical interventions.
This course is specifically designed for:
- Interventional Cardiologists
- Invasive Cardiologists
- Cardiac Surgeons
- Interventional Fellows in Training
- Nurses, Technicians and other Allied Health Care
Professionals who work in Structural Heart Disease
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CMEsolutions and Gaffney Events. CMEsolutions is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Continuing Education
The CMEsolutions designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education for Other Healthcare Providers
The American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) and American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts certificates of attendance for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Instructions to Receive Credit
To receive credit, participants must:
- Scan badge at conference check-in
- Attend accredited sessions
- Complete the online evaluation and credit request form at:
- For more information please contact email@example.com and reference this conference
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
CMEsolutions requires everyone in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified conflict of interest are thoroughly vetted by CMEsolutions for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies mentioned in the materials or used as the basis for content and appropriateness of patient care recommendations.